Tue, 28 Sep 2021

Credit: kstudio via FreePik

While you might travel freely across certain borders as a tourist, things change once you plan on working. You'll need to apply for a work visa to ensure you're legally allowed to earn a paycheque at your new destination.

What you need for a visa depends on your origin, the country, and the type of employment you plan on taking. You'll even have to think about the official language of your new home.

Are you fluent? If you can't speak the language, you'll want to hire an official translator to help you. A linguist experienced with immigration law and visa applications can take a load off your mind. Here's why:

They Offer Certified Translations

Your friend might speak the language, or you may even know enough to get by, but that's still not a reason to fill out this paperwork on your own. In many cases, visas require certified translations that only a certified translation service such as LingArch can produce.

A certified translation means your translator signs an affidavit declaring their version is an accurate copy of the original document. It meets a higher standard than any work completed by a layperson, as the translation service usually assigns their most experienced immigration linguists on the job.

Your Chance of Approval Increases

One of the biggest reasons people have their visas denied is that they don't properly translate their supporting documents. Many countries require you to present things like your birth certificate, financial information, and vaccination records in addition to your application. If these documents aren't in the right language, you'll be refused entry.

This won't happen with an experienced translator on the job. These professionals have helped countless of other immigrants successfully apply for visas. They know the typical kinds of supporting documents that you'll need to present, and they'll ensure they create a certified translation of each one.

A professional immigration translation specialist is familiar with the laws surrounding these documents. They follow every one of them correctly to ensure your paperwork won't hold you back.

They'll Help You Understand Your Visa Restrictions

Visas aren't always the easiest thing to understand, even when they're in your mother tongue, so they can be especially challenging if you don't have a good grasp of the language.

If you aren't fluent, you can accidentally overlook important restrictions and conditions that regulate how you can live and work in your new home. Breaking these conditions might result in a hefty fine. They may even cut your trip short, and you won't be able to use your monolingualism as an excuse to stay in the country.

A certified translation service employs thoughtful linguists who won't just translate supporting documents, but they'll also help you understand your application through and through.

Bottom Line

Paperwork may not be the most exciting part of working abroad, but it is one of the most important things you need to do before leaving. Any mistakes here could cost frustrating delays or financial penalties as you have to reapply, so be careful about how you apply for your visa. Take the time to compare your options until you find a certified translation service that cares.

More Baltimore News

Access More

Sign up for Baltimore News

a daily newsletter full of things to discuss over drinks.and the great thing is that it's on the house!