Acidity is a common digestive problem that affects many people. One way to manage this condition is by following a good diet that includes stomach-friendly foods that help reduce stomach acidity. In this blog, you will find a list of foods that help reduce stomach acidity.
So, if you often experience acidity, keep reading this blog!
- Fiber-rich foods reduce stomach acidity, promoting healthy digestion.
- Banana help alleviates the symptoms of stomach acidity and pain.
- Watermelon is good food for reducing acid reflux symptoms.
Which foods reduce stomach acidity?
If you have severe symptoms of acidity and you can't eat your favorite meals, add any of the following foods to your daily intake and see how easily the acidity symptoms diminish:
Oatmeal reduces stomach acidity due to its low acidic nature and high fiber content. The soluble fiber forms a gel-like substance that coats the stomach lining, providing a protective barrier against stomach acid. It regulates digestion and can prevent constipation, contributing to stomach health.
People experiencing stomach acidity should follow this simple recipe to add this food to their diet:
- In a small bowl, combine the rolled oats, water or milk, and cinnamon.
- Boil the mixture for 30-40 minutes. Reduce the amount of heat and let them cook for 5-10 minutes. Don't forget to the food occasionally.
- Once the oatmeal becomes thick, remove it from the heat and stir in the honey.
- Serve the meal in a bowl and top it with sliced bananas.
Watermelon may help with stomach acidity due to its alkaline properties and high water content, which can flush out excess acid from the stomach. Eating this fruit may also provide relief from heartburn symptoms.
You can use this easy recipe for making melon meal for stomach acidity:
- In a large bowl, combine the cubed watermelon and chopped mint leaves.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the honey and lime juice until well combined.
- Pour the honey-lime dressing over the melon and mint, and toss to coat evenly.
- Add the crumbled cheese to the salad, and mixed well using a spoon.
- Sprinkle salt on it and enjoy!
3. Leafy green vegetables
Green vegetables are good for stomach acidity they have high pH levels and fiber content, which helps to absorb excess acid in the stomach, reducing the symptoms of acidity. Such vegetables include spinach, cabbage, lettuce, broccoli, kale, and cucumber.
Recipe for leafy green vegetables:
Follow this simple recipe to incorporate these vegetables into your for reducing stomach acidity:
- Rinse all your leafy green vegetables thoroughly and dry them in a towel.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan and heat it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the green vegetable leaves to the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes. Don't forget to stir occasionally.
- Season with little salt and pepper for improving taste.
- Let the salad cool and enjoy!
Almonds are natural antacids that neutralize stomach acid. The high fats and fiber content in them help soothe the stomach lining, reducing inflammation digestive inflammation, and promoting a healthy stomach.
How to add almonds to your daily routine?
You can add almonds to your daily intake by simply grinding them with fennel seed and sugar. Fill this nutritious powder in a small container and eat it throughout your day. Eating this small snack daily will reduce stomach acidity in 10-15 days only.
Bananas are nicknamed natural antacids due to the presence of natural antacid properties, which help reduce the symptoms of stomach acidity. The abundant amounts of potassium in this fruit help reduce the onset of acid reflux, heartburn, and similar digestive issues. It also promotes digestive health by providing soluble and insoluble fibers, promoting gastrointestinal health.
How you can add bananas to your regular intake?
You can add bananas to your daily intake by eating them in raw form just by peeling them off or making a banana smoothie. To make a banana smoothie, follow these steps:
- Peel off three bananas, cut them into two halves, and put them into the grinder.
- Add a half cup of low-fat yogurt, and one cup of low-fat milk to the same grinder.
- Now put two tablespoons of sugar, one tablespoon of fennel seed, and a tablespoon of ground cinnamon and almonds.
- Grider the ingredients well for 2-3 minutes and if you feel the smoothie liquidy, add one more half cup of yogurt to make it thick.
- Enjoy the smoothie by adding ice cubes to your breakfast daily.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a succulent plant, rich in antioxidants and water, which promotes digestive health and normal functioning of the body. The antioxidants help reduce and ward off unhealthy digestive bacteria that cause digestive health issues, including heartburn and acidity.
How to eat aloe Vera gel for a healthy digestive system?
One simple way to eat this healthy plant is to take a tablespoon and cut aloe Vera into two halves, extracting the gel using a spoon. Ingest this aloe Vera gel with a glass of water. To avoid its bitter taste, simply eat a banana after it. Connect with the best Gastroenterologist to add this plant to your daily intake.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Several research studies claim that due to low pH, apple cider vinegar helps neutralizes stomach acids, reducing the frequent onset of stomach acidity. This product is especially beneficial for reducing the symptoms of GERD symptoms caused by fried foods.
How can you incorporate apple cider vinegar into your diet plan?
One easy way to make this ingredient a part of your diet is to drink apple cider vinegar. You can't drink it in its raw form, therefore, mix it with normal-temperature water to neutralize its acidic nature. To enhance its flavor, add a tablespoon of honey and mix well before drinking.
Stomach acidity is common in people of age and can be reduced by eating foods that help reduce the production of stomach acids or neutralize stomach acids. Fresh fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy, and fiber-rich foods are good for reducing acidity.