Who else is more interested in jewelry than women? We believe no one. Since jewelry is one of women's primary elements that adds more beauty to their personality and confidence, it adds a touch of glamour and sophistication to any outfit.
Whether dressing up for a special occasion or putting together a casual look for a day out, the right jewelry can take your style to the next level.
However, there are many options available in the market; choosing the piece of jewelry that suits your personality becomes overwhelming. Look no further. This article will explore tips and tricks to help you choose the perfect jewelry for any occasion. So, without any further ado. Let's get straight into it.
Ten popular types of jewelry to consider.
1. Pearl Jewelry
2. Diamond Jewelry
3. Gold Jewelry
4. Silver Jewelry
5. Fine watches
7. Tennis bracelets
8. Stud earrings
9. Pendant necklaces
10. Bangle bracelets
Step-by-step, get to know your skin tone.
Getting the best suitable jewelry for yourself starts with knowing your skin tone.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you determine your skin tone.
Examine Your Veins
The first step in determining your skin tone is to look at the veins on your wrist. If your veins appear blue, congratulations, you have cool undertones; if they appear green, you have warm undertones. On the other if you are unable to figure out the tone. In that case. You have a neutral undertone.
Look at Your Skin in Natural Light
In this step, we'll check the tone again in direct sunlight. To start your test, stand in natural light and observe your skin. You likely have cool undertones if the skin has a pink or rosy undertone. You likely have warm undertones if your skin has a yellow or golden undertone.
Consider How Your Skin Reacts to Sun Exposure
This is another technique to identify your tone. In this test again, go in sunlight and observe how your skin reacts to sun exposure. If it does not tan, you likely have cool undertones. If it tans easily, you have a warm undertone.
What is the phycology behind buying the jewelry?
The following points will give you an insightful experience of the human psychology behind buying jewelry.
- Emotional appeal: Women have deep feelings for jewelry and become impulsive naturally when it comes to purchasing an earring, necklace, or bracelet. The jewelry evokes positive emotions such as love, happiness, and appreciation and encourages individuals to decide instantly.
- Self-expression: Some ladies just wear jewelry to boost their confidence and reflect their interests and tastes. This is why jewelry is something that is unforgettable for women to include within their personality as a primary feature.
- Social status: On the other where ladies wear jewels for confidence. Some also wear them to show off and maintain their social status. Most people believe this is nothing but arrogance. Additionally, jewels are also a symbol of superiority and wealth. It should be discouraged.
Jewelry preferences for cool and warm tones.
- Silver, platinum, and white gold jewelry complement cool undertones.
- Choose only gemstones with cool tones, such as emerald, ruby, and sapphire.
- Avoid gold and copper tones, as they can clash with cool undertones.
- Gold, rose gold, and copper jewelry suits on warm undertones.
- Don't use silver and cool-toned stones, as they don't match with warm undertones.
- Lucky you! You can wear both cool and warm-toned jewelry.
- Experiment with different metals and gemstones to find what looks best on you.
Tips for choosing the right type of jewelry that matches your dress.
Matching jewelry with your outfit can be tricky, but these tips help you create a cohesive and stylish look.
Consider the Neckline of Your Top:
This is a parameter to check what type of jewelry suits you. The neckline of your top dictates what jewelry you should wear. For instance, a scoop or v-neckline calls for a necklace just above the neckline, while a high-necked top may not require a necklace.
Match the Metal with the Color of Your Outfit
If your outfit is primarily warm-toned (e.g., orange, red, or yellow), you should consider wearing gold jewelry to be more elegant on you. Remember, each body shape and skin tone is unique; finding the suitable one takes time but guarantees results.
Choose Jewelry that Complements the Style of Your Outfit
If you are wearing a casual outfit, you should wear dainty jewelry that won't overpower the look. Additionally, for a more formal outfit, a statement piece that adds a touch of glamor is not a bad idea.
Consider the Occasion
Occasion plays a great role in selecting jewelry for yourself. Every person goes to different types of formal and informal gatherings. So, the jewelry set also changes. A formal event always requires more extravagant jewelry, especially earrings, while a casual day out can be spent wearing understated pieces.
Don't Overdo It
Don't be judgemental and picky when selecting your earrings and jewelry. Keep it simple, and remember, less is often more when it comes to jewelry. Choose one or two pieces to wear, and let them shine.